CHARLIE COUNSELS DEVELOPERS AND SIGNIFICANT LANDOWNERS ON A VARIETY OF LAND USE MATTERS
Charlie is a land use attorney.
He counsels developers and significant landowners on a variety of land use matters. These include developments of regional impact, critical area plans, comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings, special exceptions, conditional use approvals, site plan approvals, variances, development agreements addressing the provision of public infrastructure and concurrency issues, and coastal permitting.
Prior to joining the firm, Charlie worked as an Assistant County Attorney representing Sarasota’s Board of County Commissioners with respect to zoning, land use, eminent domain, and administrative law matters.
Charlie is a seventh generation Floridian, past chair of the board of directors of The Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, a past board member of the United Way Suncoast, and past chairman of the United Way’s annual campaign.
- Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, Chairman, Board of Directors 2017—2018, Past Member of the Board and Executive Committee
- Leadership Sarasota County, Class of 2001
- United Way Suncoast, Past Board Member and Past Chair of the United Way Annual Campaign
- Gulf Coast Builder’s Xchange
- Manatee-Sarasota Building Industry Association
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Sarasota County Bar Association Distinguished Community Service Award, 2000
- Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce Del Borgsdorf Award, 2013, acknowledging efforts unifying business, government and civic interests
- Leadership Sarasota County “Impact in Action” Honoree, 2019, recognizing accomplishment in community leadership endeavors