Your business is caring for others. In healthcare, your work is vital to the wellbeing of the American economy. You know strategic advice and experienced counsel are essential to the smooth running of complicated healthcare operations. Healthcare providers deal with unforeseen challenges on a daily basis as they provide the best care possible to their patients.
Williams Parker’s attorneys stay current with the ever-changing law and with industry trends to solve your business needs. Our clients include senior living facilities, physician and dental practices, rehabilitation and surgery centers, complex management services organizations, healthcare technology companies, and other licensed healthcare providers. Our areas of focus include healthcare provider structuring and employment, transactions, regulations and licensing, compliance, administration, facility acquisition, construction and land use, taxes, litigation, and the legal requirements for day-to-day operations.
Our comprehensive healthcare team includes Florida Bar board-certified health law specialists and attorneys who focus on real estate, corporate and finance, regulatory compliance, labor and employment, litigation, and tax. We understand the increasing complexities of the healthcare industry and deliver full-service counsel.
Ever since pioneering entrepreneur Julia Tuttle sent orange blossoms to railroad baron Henry Flagler at the turn of the last century to prove Florida’s warmth in winter, Americans have come here for healing, retirement, and health. That history continues to propel Florida as a national leader in healthcare innovation. Since 1925’s founding of Sarasota Memorial Hospital, Williams Parker has been the law firm chosen by premier healthcare providers to help them navigate the changing landscape of healthcare and provide support to their innovative industry leadership. At Williams Parker, our history speaks for itself.
- Counsel in $680 million RIDEA joint venture with public REIT for the ownership, operation, and management of 36 senior housing communities in 12 states
- Serve as general counsel to one of the nation’s largest 340B program providers, which delivers multistate services to persons with HIV and STD diagnoses
- Regularly provide licensing and acquisition counsel for multimillion-dollar, multistate transactions involving both sale and acquisition of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities
- Regularly provide corporate, tax, operational, compliance, licensing, real estate, and financing guidance to senior housing clients in ongoing operations of large senior living communities
- Regularly handle the sale of physician practices to hospitals, health systems, and physician organizations, and repurchase from like entities
- Provide ongoing legal services for a large continuum-care facility providing a range of independent living and assisted living facilities, as well as health and rehabilitation services
- Provide ongoing representation of physician-hospital organizations, including managed care contracting and compliance issues
- Provide labor and employment counsel to a premier active retirement community offering independent living, assisted living, and health and rehabilitation
- Provide ongoing counsel to a healthcare group purchasing organization
- Provide ongoing representation of a multihospital pathology provider
- Provide ongoing representation of an anesthesia provider with locations in 20 states
- Provide ongoing counsel to the Sarasota Memorial Health Care System (a billion-dollar entity employing over 5,000 staff members and physicians)
- Negotiated a multimillion-dollar investment by a venture capital firm into a physician management and billing operation with back-office support in India and provided ongoing structuring, contracting, and compliance advice
- Represented a senior living client in the transfer of a portion of its beds to another facility to eliminate bed-tax liability
- Represented a senior housing client in the sale of 80 percent of an independent living, assisted living, and memory care facility in Florida to a private equity fund
- Represented a home health agency regarding a Medicare audit by a Zone Program Integrity Contractor (ZPIC) and significantly reduced the alleged overpayment claimed by the ZPIC
- Defended a physician’s license from revocation for an alleged telemedicine violation before Florida Division of Administrative Hearings