Your intellectual property is the fount of your business growth and prosperity. It creates new opportunities, industries, jobs, and wealth. It’s also a great source of pride. But advancements in technology have made it easier for others to copy and exploit your intellectual property. At Williams Parker, we understand how vital your intellectual property is to you, your team, your brand, and your labors. Our attorneys ensure that the law is a gate around your work, to which only you hold the keys.
Intellectual property can protect your inventions, business advancements and innovations, creative works, and business goodwill. This can include protection for software, books, lyrics, videos, artwork, architecture, and design—almost anything that can be created. For companies, it includes branding, product names, logos, slogans, catchphrases, and websites. Creative work and intellectual innovation are often a company’s or individual’s most valuable assets. Our clients include leaders in business, medicine, computing, the arts, and much more. Williams Parker’s attorneys ensure that our clients’ intellectual property is protected at all times.
Williams Parker knows how hard you have worked and the precious nature of your creations. In 1925, our founder J. J. Williams Jr. began an endeavor that would go on to protect the great intellectual work of developers, artists, and innovators. Though the times have changed, our dedication to our clients remains the same. That’s the reason we’ve reached nearly 100 years with a top reputation. At Williams Parker, our history speaks for itself.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Trade Secret
- IP registration
- IP Licensing
- Work-Made-For-Hire Agreements
- Domain Name Disputes
- Negotiation of Software Development and Licensing Agreements (Representing Software Developers and Customers)
- Sending and Responding to Cease and Desist Letters
- Distribution Agreements
- Outside general counsel for a $150 million healthcare software company
- IP counsel for $60 million consumer products company
- Outside general and IP counsel for telecommunications and software company
- Outside general and IP counsel for financial technology company
- Outside general counsel for global provider of grading and authentication services to collectors and investors.
- Negotiated an IP licensing agreement for a multi-acre artificial recreational water feature utilizing Crystal Lagoons technology.
- Represented client providing expert verification services to eBay in the negotiation of their agreement with eBay.
- Represented client in the online educational industry in a domain name dispute with a competitor; filed a proceeding under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy and negotiated settlement and transfer of domain name.
- Counsel for $34 million sale of software company to publicly traded company
- Counsel for $4 million sale of real estate software company
- Counsel for $4 million sale of communications software company