You know that a settled legacy is one of the greatest gifts you can give. After a lifetime of work, responsibility, sacrifice, and success, your legacy should be as enduring as your life’s work. Final affairs should be organized, equitable, clear, and secure. You want the peace of mind that comes with knowing your affairs are inarguable and in order.
Williams Parker’s trusts and estates attorneys work closely with our clients to provide the legal framework to carefully address and answer all questions pertaining to estate planning, tax planning, business succession, charitable giving, and retirement planning goals. This legal framework is part of the smooth transition of our clients’ businesses and estates to future beneficiaries and owners. We also represent clients, or their fiduciaries, in estate and trust administration and, when necessary, in litigation proceedings and tax controversies involving estate and gift tax matters.
Many of our clients have multiple residences in other states and countries; all our clients expect excellence and discretion. Williams Parker has built one of Florida’s most sought after and respected estate planning and administration practices by fulfilling those expectations. A significant number of our attorneys have at least one advanced degree in taxation, accounting, or business, and many are certified by the Florida Bar as specialists in wills, trusts, and estates law or tax law.
Since 1925, Williams Parker has served generations of established families who came to Florida for the favorable tax climate and warm weather. For our founding partners, family and stability were guiding principles. Their vision and legacy continues today as we approach 100 years of service to our clients. At Williams Parker, our history speaks for itself.
- Legal counsel for large and highly complex estate involving over 100 business entities; successfully negotiated a zero tax change under audit legal counsel for $400 million-plus complex estate predominantly comprised of business assets and post-death business and tax restructuring of the same
- Extensive complex estate planning for individuals and families, some with assets approaching $1 billion involving complex techniques such as: FLP, GRAT, IDGT, QPRT, SLAT, CRAT, CRUT, ILIT, CLAT, CLUT, and GST Dynasty Trusts
- Extensive audit experience in serving as counsel representing estate and gift tax challenges and disputes including complex business valuations, FLPs, and other complex tax issues
- General counsel to $100 million-plus charitable foundations
- General counsel to several $100 million-plus entrepreneurs and their organizations
- Co-counsel on complex trust, estate, and probate litigation matters
- Tax and estate counsel in the preparation of Private Letter Rulings for complex estate and gift tax matters