Jeff is a board certified specialist in wills, trusts and estates. He leads the firm's Estate Planning, Business Succession, Estate & Trust Administration practice
Jeff handles all aspects of estate, trust, and succession planning. He works with individuals and families to develop customized and tax-efficient estate plans that meet their needs. He counsels clients with regard to asset titling as well as beneficiary designations for retirement plans, insurance policies, and annuities.
Jeff also handles especially complex estate and trust administrations. He has substantial experience in preparing Form 706s, Form 709s, administering trusts and estates consisting of closely held businesses, and implementing complex post-mortem planning techniques.
Jeff joined the firm in 2007 immediately after receiving his LL.M. in taxation from the University of Florida. He became a partner in 2013. Jeff previously worked as a CPA with Arthur Anderson.
- Development of tax-efficient strategies for multi-generational transfer of wealth
- Representation of family in settlement of multi-million dollar IRS audit regarding the valuation of closely-held business interests
- Extensive experience creating complex wealth transfer strategies including GRATs, QPRTs, IDGTs, and FLPs
- Plymouth Harbor Foundation, Board Member
- Sarasota Opera, General Counsel
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Estate Planning & Probate Section Chair
- Southwest Florida Estate Planning Council, Vice-President and Treasurer
- St. Martha’s Catholic School Board, President
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2013-2022
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2012
- Florida Trend, Legal Elite
- Florida Trend, Up and Comer
- Top Rated Lawyer in Trusts and Estates Law selected by American Law Media and Martindale-Hubbell