John is a fellow of the American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel
John is of counsel at Williams Parker and serves a limited number of clients. He focuses on estate planning and estate administration. John helps clients use sophisticated wills, trusts, and closely held entities to transfer assets during lifetime and upon death in order to cause the least amount of transfer taxes possible and reduce the costs and time to settle an estate. When advising high net worth individuals and family business owners, John helps clients dispose of their assets during life and at death in creative ways which meet their personal goals. He works extensively with banks, corporations, trustees, executors, and money managers.
John is chairman emeritus of the Patterson Foundation—one of Florida’s largest and most innovative foundations.
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- Patterson Foundation, Chairman Emeritus; Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation, Past Chairman
- Southwest Florida Hospice Foundation, Past Chairman
- Friends of Selby Library, Past Chairman
- Siesta Key Utilities Authority, Past Vice Chairman
- Sarasota Chamber of Commerce, Past Director and Legal Counsel
- Sarasota Bay Rotary Club, Past President; Paul Harris Fellow (30-year member)
- Preeminent Best Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Top Rated Lawyer in Trusts and Estates Law selected by American Law Media and