Video: Employment Law and Tax Developments Businesses Might Have Missed While Focused on COVID-19
Over the last several months there have been developments in employment law and tax not directly related to COVID-19 that you may have missed. While businesses have been focused on responding to COVID-19—learning about the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act, the PPP, and developments with unemployment—the Supreme Court and government agencies have been making decisions that impact the workplace.
- Expansion of Title VII protection of sex to include sexual orientation and gender identity
- Expansion of rights of religious employers
- Changes to certain provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Updates from the National Labor Relations Board on workplace investigations and work email
- Amendment to the Florida Civil Rights Act
- Tax planning for 2020
- Tax provisions supporting businesses
Board Certified Labor & Employment Attorney | Williams Parker
Gail E. Farb
Labor & Employment Attorney | Williams Parker
Beth C. Ebersole
CPA, ABV | Kerkering, Barberio & Co.
Thomas B. Luzier
Board Certified Real Estate Attorney | Williams Parker