Liz leads the firm's intellectual property practice.
With a background in the arts, Liz enjoys helping others protect their intellectual property. As a former professional Greek dancer, you may have seen Liz performing in the Closing Ceremonies of the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece.
Prior to joining the firm, Liz practiced in the New York office of a Global 100 law firm. While attending Stanford Law School, Liz participated in the Cyberlaw/Fair Use Clinic where she counseled artists on whether their use of copyrighted works would be fair use under the Copyright Act.
- Served as private developer’s counsel in the relocation, public- private real estate co-development, and financing for the Atlanta Braves spring training stadium and surrounding mixed- use development
- Negotiated an IP licensing agreement for a multi-acre artificial recreational water feature utilizing Crystal Lagoons technology
- Represented a senior housing client with respect to corporate, tax, operations, compliance, real estate, and financing matters in multiple sale or acquisition transactions
- Represented a French company in a $205 million purchase of a California company with 11 subsidiaries worldwide; Performed due diligence and supervised law firms throughout the world to ensure the entire transaction, from due diligence through post- closing, was smoothly executed
- Represented a client in a €179 million purchase of a German company with two U.S. subsidiaries. Performed due diligence in the United States, working closely with the client from the project’s inception through closing
- Represented the development team in a $200 million joint venture with a global private equity firm for acquisition of multistate residential real estate development community portfolio
- Negotiated long-term capital gain-eligible carried interest joint venture in multiphase real estate entitlement joint venture
- Negotiated a joint venture for a Publix supermarket-anchored commercial shopping center acquisition, development, and operation
- Negotiated a joint venture for the acquisition and entitlement of a golf course for repurposing as a residential community