Gail has extensive experience in the area of labor and employment law
Gail advises private and public sector management clients regarding preventive measures in employment and labor law matters involving discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, wage and hour issues, restrictive covenants, whistleblower laws, family and medical leave, labor relations, safety, layoffs and plant closings, and military leave. Gail balances business and local government needs with legal risks and defends single-plaintiff cases and collective actions in administrative, state, and federal court proceedings. She designs and revises employee handbooks and policies; reviews employment, restrictive covenant, confidentiality, severance, and settlement agreements; assists clients with employee hiring, promotion, accommodation, counseling, discipline, layoff, and termination issues; conducts workplace investigations; and develops corporate compliance programs. Gail also represents management in alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation and arbitration.
Additionally, Gail is a frequent lecturer and educator on labor and employment issues, presenting seminars and management training programs.
- Won numerous federal court summary judgments and dismissals, as well as no cause agency determinations regarding wage and hour, discrimination, and harassment claims for corporate clients, including an affirmance by the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and denial of certiorari by the United States Supreme Court
- Provided sole representation at administrative final hearing resulting in affirmance of no cause determination regarding race, age, and sex discrimination claims against a large telecommunications company, including pre-trial preparation, oral arguments, examination of witnesses, and drafting post- hearing brief
- Argued before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of a private not-for-profit university to successfully overturn an NLRB decision regarding waivers of class and collective actions in arbitration agreements
- Successfully prevented large company from obtaining injunction based on tortious interference and over-reaching restrictive covenant against local healthcare employer
- Negotiated several favorable settlements of wage and hour collective actions and single-plaintiff employment law cases, resulting in substantial cost savings in legal fees and liability
- Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce Leadership Sarasota County, Class of 2018
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Steering Committee, Past Chair
- The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Section of Labor and Employment
- Academy of Florida Management Attorneys
- Sarasota-Manatee Human Resources Association
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Florida Super Lawyers