WHEN IT COMES TO EMPLOYMENT MATTERS, JENNIFER ADVOCATES FOR BUSINESSES
Jennifer leads the firm’s Labor & Employment practice. She is board certified as a specialist in labor and employment law, and, for more than 20 years, has been assisting businesses effectively navigate an array of labor and employment matters.
When businesses need someone to represent them in employment matters—including litigation and appeals—they rely on Jennifer’s expertise, years of experience, and commitment to providing dependable and quality legal services. In addition to advocating for clients in litigation matters, Jennifer provides advice and guidance regarding day-to-day employment-related business decisions; delivers management training; drafts employment-related documents, contracts, and policies; collaborates with clients in the management of a crisis (such as COVID-19); coordinates employer responses to agency investigations; and leads management-side collective bargaining teams. Regardless of the task, Jennifer works with clients to provide legal services based on each client’s specific needs and objectives.
Jennifer also maintains a mediation practice adjunct to her labor and employment law practice. She is a Qualified Arbitrator for all Florida Courts and a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit Mediator.
- Represented numerous clients in defending wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, and tort claims brought by employees and former employees
- Successfully prosecuted civil actions against former employees for stealing trade secrets and violating employer non-compete agreements
- Assists both large and small employers in developing emergency response plans (such as with COVID-19), including leave obligations, safety plans, furloughs, RIFs, and changes to employer policies
- Offers telephone advice retainers for businesses needing regular assistance with employment decisions
- Effectively negotiated amicable resolutions for clients in all types of employment law claims
- Directed and managed clients’ responses to agency investigations, including the DOL, DOJ, OSHA, and EEOC
- Successfully defended Collective Actions in federal court
- Prepares Executive Employment contracts, Independent Contractor agreements
- Telecommuting agreements, and non-compete agreements tailored to client needs
- Represents both private and public sector clients in collective bargaining, grievance arbitrations, ULP charges, and PERC/NLRB hearings
- The Florida Bar Labor and Employment Law Section, Executive Council
- Academy of Florida Management Attorneys
- Manatee County Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Treasurer
- Sarasota County Bar Association, Past Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Section
- Manatee County Bar Association, Civics Outreach Project 2015—2018, Past Director, Past Secretary
- Sarasota-Manatee Human Resources Association
- Vizsla Club of America
- Tampa Bay Vizsla Club, former Secretary
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Florida Super Lawyers, Employment Litigation