Williams Parker Attorneys Present on New Tax Laws to FICPA Gulf Coast
A group of Williams Parker attorneys discussed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act at a recent Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA) seminar in Sarasota. Specific topics discussed include the following:
- Shouldering Carried Interests Under New IRC Section 1061 presented by E. John Wagner, II;
- New Deduction for Pass-Through Entities IRC § 199A presented by Michael J. Wilson;
- Business Tax Changes Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act presented by Jamie E. Koepsel;
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Estate Planning Update presented by Daniel L. Tullidge;
- Life Cycle of a Federal Tax Controversy presented by Nicholas A. Gard; and
- International Concepts of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act co-presented by Mr. Gard and Mr. Koepsel.
Williams Parker’s tax attorneys serve clients in corporate, real estate investment, executive compensation, and estate planning and administration contexts. Typically, the firm’s tax work involves structuring corporate or real estate transactions to minimize federal or state taxes or designing business succession strategies for sophisticated estate plans. For the latest tax updates, please visit The Williams Parker Business & Tax Blog.