On Demand Webinar: Federal Vaccination Mandates for Businesses – Now What?
In what might be the biggest news yet during the COVID-19 pandemic, federal agencies issued several mandates in the last couple of weeks requiring a variety of employers to develop and put in place mandatory vaccination programs by early December. At the same time, the State of Florida has not only joined lawsuits seeking to invalidate such mandates, but Florida’s legislature is considering several bills that—if passed—would conflict with the federal mandates.
A panel of attorneys from Williams Parker’s Labor and Employment and Healthcare teams presented a webinar on November 16, 2021, providing a bird’s eye view for employers on the following:
- An overview of the recently issued emergency rules from federal agencies (including OSHA and CMS) requiring that certain employers enact vaccination programs for their workers with limited exceptions, including:
- Which employers are covered
- The general requirements of these programs
- What exemptions are allowed
- The record keeping requirements
- The status of current court challenges to these emergency rules
- The general steps for handling employee accommodation requests
The panel included:
- Moderator, Jennifer Fowler-Hermes, Partner and Board Certified Labor & Employment Attorney
- Gail Farb, Labor & Employment Attorney
- John Getty, Labor & Employment Attorney
- Steven Brownlee, Board Certified Health Law Attorney
To view the recording, click here and use passcode WPL&E2021 to access.